I will be the first to admit that when life gets busy, the main thing to fall apart is any sort of gym routine. For some reason, it’s the easiest thing to skip – it’s so simple to say “Oh I’ll make it there tomorrow!” especially when your priority list is topped with other seemingly more important things like work and social engagements.
Lately I’ve been in a rut with working out – I take a walk almost every day, but for some reason I just cannot get my booty to drive the 5 minutes to the gym. I can blame it on my busy schedule or my injured ankle, but in reality, something needs to change. I’ve realized that I’m pretty good at making myself feel bad about skipping the gym day after day, and there’s one thing that makes it worse: staring at a perfectly packed gym bag that’s just begging to get used. It’s hard to make excuses when everything is ready to go, and that guilt you feel when you see your bag just STARING at you trying to sneak in another hour of sleep may just be the kick you need to make it happen.
I’ve compiled a list here of my go-to gym bag essentials. Obviously it all depends on the day, and if I’m getting ready for a special occasion after working out I’ll obviously bring a few more items, but on a normal day, this is all I need. My biggest piece of advice is to purchase travel sizes of your favorite products – no one likes to haul a round a huge heavy bag, and those gym lockers are teeny!
Gym Bag Essentials:
- headphones (big, over-the-ear UrbanEars are my favorite, because those little Apple ones always fall off when I’m moving around a lot)
- bobby pins
- face wipes
- deodorant – this new Cool Waterlily scent from the Secret Fresh Collection is my absolute favorite – I can get through any workout and feel confident that I’ll still smell amazing when it’s over
- refreshing face spray – cools you down instantly
- light face lotion – I don’t like anything heavy after I’ve been sweating!
- dry shampoo – inevitable necessity
- shower sheets – with hair like mine, it’s not easy to do a quick shower and go at the gym, so I like using wipes like these to, well, freshen up
- padlock – for the gym locker
- water bottle
With all these fun little products packed in your bag, you’ll be ready to roll in and out of the gym with ease. I switch up my bag often – keeping it fresh keeps it fun! – but I’m currently using this cute little Victoria’s Secret tote. It’s the perfect size, and my travel-size products don’t get lost in the abyss.
So ladies, pack your bags, and let’s get motivated for some gym goings! What are your gym bag essentials?
*I received products free from Secret through Crowdtap to review for this post, but all opinions are 100% my own!